Friday, November 04, 2005

 

But not tonight

So, a colleague of mine has been blogging for a little while now, so I thought, what the hell. If many of you are into computer programming, you may notice the title of my blog is play off one of Don Knuth's lesser known books "Things A Computer Scientist Rarely Talks About." I thought it was a very different book, but a great read. Essentially, Knuth details how he applied lessons learned dissecting large software programs to learning more about the bible. I'll leave at that for now, as that could be material for a future post!

So, why have I started to blog? Well, I've been following a few blogs out there lately, and being fairly opinionated, decided I would put my thoughts out on the web. I'm a senior level software engineer for a software company currently based out of Edmond, OK. I absolutely love programming, and do it for my job, and as a hobby (to my wife's dismay). I also love sports, particularly football, basketball, and bowling. I intend to post about computers, software, the software industry, sports, and anything else that I have on my mind :D

And now, a little biography. I obtained my BS in Computer Science from Oklahoma State University in 2002. I have done a wide variety of programming from Clipper (I'll discuss that in the future), VB, C#, C++, and Delphi, all on Windows. Recently, I have begun a foray into Linux, and that has proven to be really interesting, at least for me.

Well, I think that will do for my first post. The wife is working this weekend, so if I'm not too tied up on Sunday, I'll try to get a post out then. Otherwise, it will probably be mid-week before I get another one done.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?